Achieve a Voluptuous Figure
with Breast Augmentation
Having a disproportionately small or asymmetrical bosom can reduce a woman’s self-confidence or make her feel less attractive. During breast augmentation surgery, Dr. Stephen Eric Metzinger adds volume with implants and reshapes the breasts for a fuller, sexier chest. We understand that each woman’s body and goals are unique, so we provide a wide variety of implant choices. This procedure can also be paired with other breast procedures for beautiful results. To learn more about breast augmentation at our practice, serving the Metairie, LA area, contact us today.
Dr. Metzinger performs breast augmentation for women who:
- Feel that their breasts are too small
- Have lost breast volume or experienced sagging due to pregnancy or weight fluctuations
- Need breast reconstruction after a mastectomy
- Suffer from asymmetrical breast size or shape
- Want to replace previous breast implants
Breast augmentation can correct imperfections in your breast’s size, shape, skin, or texture.
To be a good candidate for this procedure, you should:
- Be in good general health
- Be at least 22 years old for silicone implants and at least 18 for saline
- Be able to safely undergo anesthesia and sedation
- Not have a condition that suppresses your immune system, such as cancer, uncontrolled diabetes, or AIDS, as this could interfere with your healing
- Avoid smoking or excessive alcohol consumption
- Not be prone to excessive bleeding or infection Not be pregnant or breastfeeding at the time of your surgery
- Have no active infection
- Have realistic expectations about the results of your procedure
- Make the decision to undergo plastic surgery for yourself, not for any other friend or family member who is pressuring you
Dr. Metzinger will discuss the procedure and your eligibility at your initial consultation.
We carry implants from all three of the FDA-approved implant manufacturers: Sientra®, Mentor®, and Allergan Natrelle®. Saline implants require smaller incisions for placement, and the contents can be easily absorbed by your body if they rupture. However, they can create a rippling effect in the appearance of the breast. Dr. Metzinger also places silicone implants, which many patients prefer for their realistic appearance and feel. We use some of the most sophisticated materials for silicone implants, including highly cohesive teardrop-shaped silicone gel implants like Allergan Natrelle® 410. These implants are often called “gummy bear” implants because they have a viscous texture that resembles the popular candy, more closely mimicking natural fat tissue.
On the day of your breast augmentation surgery, you will receive local anesthesia and intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. This will keep you comfortable and safe during the procedure. Then Dr. Metzinger will make an incision around your areola, in your breast crease, or under your arm, depending on the size of your natural breasts and the type of implant being inserted. He uses precise techniques to create minimal scarring after the surgery.
Saline implants are made of a silicone shell that Dr. Metzinger will insert into your breast and gradually fill with sterile salt water, while silicone implants are pre-filled with gel. Both types of implants can be placed above or below the pectoral muscle, although saline implants are usually placed beneath the muscle to reduce rippling. He can also perform a breast lift , or vertical mastopexy, in combination with your augmentation to lift and tighten skin that sags or droops. If you have excess fat between your breast and underarm, Dr. Metzinger can also perform liposuction during your procedure for a slimmer look.
With breast augmentation, you can look sexier and feel more confident. To learn more about this procedure or schedule a consultation with Dr. Metzinger, contact our office today.